Friday, September 11, 2015

Series that deserve more attention


Feature & Follow is a weekly hop hosted by Parajunkee & Alison Can Read. You can add your link to the list on their pages.

This week's question is: What book do you love that no one else seems to have heard of?

I think in the book blogging world we get very into 'The Next Big Thing' and don't look back very often. So I have two slightly older series I want to mention today.

First - Jena Black's Morgan Kingsley series. This came out a few years ago but was one of the series that got my hooked on urban fantasy. Morgan is an exorcist, banishing demons who unlawfully occupy a human - until she discovers a demon has snuck into her own body. The series has loads of action & political manoeuvring as well as some very sexy moments. ( Find it at The Book Depository |  Goodreads)

Secondly, the Spellcrackers.com series which follows Genny, a fae woman working in a modern day London when faeries and vampires are 'out' to the humans. Genny works to solve problems for people with magical solutions but both her job and her personal life get her in complicated situations. Magic, vampires and all kinds of faerie creatures running around London, along with a great love triangle - this is another excellent urban fantasy series. The last book of Genny's story arc comes out next year I think so this is the perfect time to start catching up with the other books. (Find it at The Book Depository | Goodreads )





Leave links to your own FF post in the comments and I'll have a look at them!

~Ailsa

7 comments:

  1. I agree with Spellcrackers -- thatseries was definitely underrated! Here's mine:http://editingeverything.com/blog/2015/09/11/feature-and-follow-friday-15/ ave followed on twitter (@sydneyeditor1)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love finding books that came out years ago, you appreciate the creativity from over the years. I've never heard of these so I'll have to check them out

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi - haven't heard of these, thanks for the recommendation! My FF Post .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Horror!! Nice :) Thanks for recommending it. New GFC follower. My FF

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Devil Inside seems pretty awesome!
    New GFC follower!
    My FF


    -Nicolette @ A Read-aholic

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Devil Inside definitely seems intriguing! I'm loving all the new rec's I am getting today!

    New Follower via GFC!
    Kristen @ One Chapter Ahead

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh. I haven't heard of both but they sound interesting. I like urban fiction, so thanks for sharing these books. :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think! Your comments feed the blog :-)